Friday, January 20, 2012

Making Almond Milk

I've gotten into making fresh almond milk. It tastes nothing like the stuff you buy in the store (Although I haven't left mine in the fridge for over a week to see what it would taste like after a week. I'm experimenting with different ingredients now to see what different dates/almonds/other ingredients end up tasting like in the final result. Today I picked up a bunch of different kinds of dates at Sprouts and 2 different types of fresh non-pasteurized, raw almonds. Tomorrow's adventure with Almonds will use Honey Dates from Sprouts which at .71 lb cost $2.83 (i.e. 3.99/lb). The almonds will be the almonds from http://www.organicpastures.com/products_almonds.html which were sold for $10 a pound at the Farmer's Market located at Valco. This was my first adventure with almonds bought at Safeway, with dates from Whole Foods, 1 banana, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment